Sunday, November 04, 2007

NaNoWriMo Crash and Burn

Well, so much for all the planning. By some horrible co-incidence on Thursday, the very first day of the eagerly anticipated competition to write a novel in a month, my laptop decided that it'd had enough. Pausing for a half-minute and then a minute between coming out of standby and doing anything useful had now got a little worse. A minute became two minutes and then on Thu, indefinitely. So of course I blamed windows and got as far as wiping the whole lot before discovering that it was a hardware problem that could be fixed by, um, taking the laptop in both hands and flexing it slightly.
No, I don't understand that either.
In any case, this has had two effects. One is that in a fit of pique, I installed Ubuntu (very nice by the way) and the other is that I have abandoned NaNoWriMo for this year since as I write this I'm about 5000 words down before I've even started. Watching telly has never seemed so appealing this weekend.


No comments: